Make Minor Repairs
In many markets , repairs can make or break your sale. Here are a few easy fixes:
- Replace cracked counter of floor tiles.
- Patch any holes in walls.
- Fix leaky faucets or even replace them.
- Fix doors that don’t close properly and kitchen drawers that jam.
- Consider painting your walls neutral colors, especially if you have any stronthe orange bathroom.g colours that may not appeal to all buyers. (Don’t give buyers any reason to remember your home as “the house with the pink washroom”)
- Replace burned-out light bulbs and make sure that they are the appropriate, consistent wattage.
- If you’ve considered replacing a worn bedspread, do so now!
- Remove or clean any worn floor rugs.
Make the House Shine
Cleaning your home for sale should go beyond the usual cleaning job and you might want to hire assistance.
- Wash windows inside and out.
- Rent a pressure washer and spray down sidewalks and exterior.
- Re-caulk tubs, showers and sinks where needed.
- Polish chrome faucets and mirrors.
- Clean out the refrigerator.
- Vacuum daily.
- Wax floors.
- Dust furniture, ceiling fan blades and light fixtures.
- Bleach dingy grout.
- Hang up fresh towels.
- Bathroom towels look great fastened with ribbon and bows.
- Clean and air out any musty smelling areas. Odors are a big turn off for buyers.
Improve Curb Appeal
If buyers are turned off before they get out of the car you’ll never get them inside.
- Go outside and walk to the curb. Stand there. Does the house welcome you?
- Linger in the doorway of every single room and imagine how your house will look to a buyer.
- Examine your furniture arrangement and move pieces around until it feels right.
- Make sure window coverings hang level.
- Does it look like nobody lives in this house? You’re almost finished.
- Keep the sidewalks cleared.
- Mow the lawn.
- Paint faded window trim.
- Plant bright flowers or group flower pots together. Yellow evokes a buying emotion. Marigolds are inexpensive.
- Trim your bushes.
- Make sure visitors can clearly read your house number.
For more tips on moving visit Mike the Mover