Ways to help get your deposit back
- Take photos! Capture both your old place as you move out and your new place as you move in.
- Use ice cubes to remove any dents in the carpet that furniture left behind. Place the ice cubes on the dents, allow them to melt, then use a spoon to lift the fibres.
- Use white bar soap to fill nail holes in your walls.
- To make picture frames more stable and protect your walls from scuffing, cut off pencil erasers and glue them to the back of the frame before hanging it up.
- Wrap a rubber band around a hammer to prevent scuffing the wall when removing nails.
- To get stains out of the carpet, use a mixture of 1 part hydrogen peroxide and 2 parts water. Add some lemon essential oil to the mixture, shake lightly, spray the area, and let set for a minute. Scrub with a scrub brush, and voila — good as new!
- If you have scuff marks on hardwood floors, cut a hole in a tennis ball, stick the ball on the end of a broom, and rub the scuff mark until it disappears.
- Hire professional movers to avoid damage. Contact Mike the Mover for a free quote.